| Presby. Women
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Director of Music Ministries
If interested, contact Mary Ann Harris, 901-853-1283, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE: To establish a musical atmosphere conducive to a spiritual setting and maintain a well-rehearsed Choir to enhance the Worship Services of our Church. It is estimated that this job is approximately 8-10 hours per week.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Music Director reports directly to the Pastor. The Music Director is accountable to the Worship Commission as well as the Administrative (Personnel) Committee.
2) Director should ensure a blend of traditional and contemporary music is used, including various soloists, duets, and guest vocalists. The Director should also work to ensure all copyright requirements are followed.
3) Conduct Choir rehearsals each week or more often as special needs arise. In some cases, shopping for music may be needed. Prepares copies of music, sees that microphone, sound system, music distribution and chairs are in order and, when required, works with soloists or others needing extra time.
4) Works to have various musical instruments used on a regular basis.
5) Plan and select the music used at regular Sunday Worship services (assisted by the Organist/Accompanist) or other special services required by the Worship Commission. Conduct the choir and the congregation in the singing during the service.
6) Write voice and/or instrumental parts to enhance the Choir's abilities, such as Alto lines of selected music, instrumental arrangements for special selections (flute/French horn/trumpet/recorder, etc.) and extra verses when
7) Prepares for Sunday worship service by contacting the Pastor each week, assuring that Bulletin information is appropriate and coordinates it with the Administrative Assistant.
8) Maintains music files, labeling each for future reference so as to avoid repeating service hymns too frequently.
9) Choose music and lead special Children’s groups as requested. Attend Vacation Bible School in the summer and assist as required (subject to other work constraints). Attend monthly Worship Commission meetings and participate in advocating new ideas, suggestions, and recommendations. Shop for needed supplies as required.
10) Find an appropriate substitute when absent from any of the various events mentioned above and notify the Worship Commission of such action.
11) Other tasks as requested by the Pastor, Session or Worship Committee.
EVALUATION: A performance appraisal will be conducted annually by the Worship and Administrative Committees. This will be in the fall of each year, typically in October or November. The adequacy of compensation will be reviewed and determined based on the budget approval from Session for the following calendar year. Any salary adjustment will take effect in January of the following year.
COMPENSATION FOR DIRECTOR: Pay for Director is to be per Call for Sunday morning worship service, Wednesday night Choir practice, and other regularly scheduled events such as Maundy Thursday and Christmas Eve. Director to be paid for each Call as deemed appropriate by the Worship Commission for other events such as Vacation Bible School.
Either a Brunch
|Collierville Presbyterian Church 202 West Poplar Collierville, TN 38017 901 853-4226|
|© Copyright Collierville Presbyterian Church|